Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Interesting Development Part 2...

IT WAS A MISTAKE!! IT WAS A MISTAKE!! YEAH!!!

Yesterday, Weird Al released a parody of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" called "Perform This Way". It was released "unofficially" because after going through several hoops (including having to actually produce & record the song) Lady Gaga allegedly did not authorize the parody! But, it turns out it was a huge WHOOPSIE, according to this article on TMZ.

We get a little more detail from Al himself on his blog. It turns out Lady Gaga didn't even get to hear the song. Since she is in the middle of a tour, her manager didn't send her the song and nixed it himself! I'm assuming that Lady Gaga beat him senseless with some of her more pointy costumes, because he is now sincerely sorry. And now that Lady Gaga herself heard the song, she loves it and approved it!! My reaction to this can be summed up in two words:


HELL YEAH!!


This is cool on so many levels. It shows that Ms. Gaga is a really stand up person and cares about her public persona (which means that all those outfits were actually done ON PURPOSE, and not because of some drug induced bet she lost!) a great deal. Second, it shows how many people actually support Weird Al and love his music. I thought I was alone. Third, it shows that Lady Gaga doesn't take herself too seriously which really does emphasize how much of a stand up person she is! And finally, it means that we get a "Weird Al" album that much sooner!! I can't wait!! Also, I really can't wait to see the VIDEO for this song!!

Lady Gaga, if you ever read this (which I doubt, but would be cool) I want to say that you have increased in my estimation a great deal! Not because you approved the parody, but that you took the time to CORRECT the mistake, despite your undoubtedly busy schedule. That is really cool & makes me proud to count myself amongst your legion of monsters.


I LOVE YOUR MUSIC, WEIRD AL!!  I LOVE YOUR MUSIC, LADY GAGA!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment