Friday, September 16, 2011

Pick Things Up...

Well, after a long arduous process, I have finally come to a decision. I have finally chosen a gym. Actually, I chose the gym a while ago but I've neglected to tell you about it, dear readers. You might ask why, given how forward I have been on other, more embarrassing, topics. Frankly, I didn't actually believe I had made the choice, and I haven't been going on a regular basis. It seems that at the time I made the decision and acted on that choice, the rest of my life imploded. The universe didn't want me to keep going at this moment. But that is the subject of another post. Right now, let's focus on one of the few positive events that have occurred in recent times.

Getting back to topic, I've never had any illusions (delusions?) about myself. I'm a fat man roughly the size of one of Jupiter's medium sized moons. (Don't argue with me on terminology. The reality is I'm fat. Let me enjoy showing off my intelligence by creating cool references to my size. It's one of the few pleasures in my life. God knows no one else puts any effort into it. Seriously, how difficult is it to call me "Fatso"? You have billions of neurons in your brains, people, USE THEM!!) Despite my size, I'm surrounded by overly healthy, fitness minded friends. Those very same friends are going to explode in reaction when I announce the gym I've chosen. Some of you may have guessed already, for those of you who haven't, the gym I chose is: Planet Fitness.

Now, I wait while you all explode in reaction, positive or negative.
.........
......
...
..
.

Done? Good. Now for those of you who like the choice, Thank you. For those of you who don't, I'm sure you have many good reasons for why I should have chosen whatever other gym. Those reasons might even be valid. But there is only one real reason why I chose Planet Fitness. It breaks down into 4 words. Ready? Here they are:


UNLIMITED FREE PERSONAL TRAINING


Get it? I've never been afraid to admit when I don't have knowledge in a given topic. In those topics, I defer to experts. But getting access to those experts can be prohibitively expensive, especially in the realm of health & fitness. So to get that knowledge for FREE (meaning at no additional cost above the membership fees) is a chance I HAD to grab. While my membership allows me to go to any of their facilities, the gym I'm going to be at the most is the one on Exit 6 next to Chunky's. I'll usually be there at night, most likely after 8pm so I can avoid the crowds and have access to more machines. Any of you who have memberships, feel free to drop by, you might even see me!!

1 comment:

  1. What an unfortunate place to establish a gym . . . next to something called Chunky's? Are your serious? Talk about ego killer!

    Honestly, Planet Fitness probably is the best place for you. As I've mentioned before, they're too basic for me at this point in my fitness regimen, but if I were just starting out I could see how such a place would be appealing. Beginning fitness is all about doing things at YOUR pace and feeling comfortable while doing it. If you feel pressured or unable to keep up, there's no way you're going to want to come back the next day and the next day after that for more.

    So, this is a great first step for you, Rod. Hopefully this will build up your confidence as you work out, and eventually when you get to a much higher fitness level you will be prepared and comfortable to move on to a more advanced setting. For now, PF should suit you for the next 2 - 3 years as you work your way to a better, leaner, healthier you.

    Oh god, I sound like an infomercial now. Gahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete