Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Aaaaaaand I'm Back!

It's been 3 months since I've even looked at this site. And I know that you're all wondering what happened to me since my last post where I relayed the message of my startling unemployment. Well, to be honest, a lot has happened. But, I'm not going to bore you with all the details. So, here are the highlights:

In what is my SHORTEST bout with unemployment, I got a job about 3 weeks after my previous post. Yes, I'm working. I'm a contractor with a start up company developing software for the financial services industry. Hopefully soon, I will become a full employee, but until then there's nothing that I can do but keep my nose to the grindstone. I like the work, and I like the people I'm working with. That's all for which one can ask.

My awesome February was as awesome as I expected even with the delays that I had in enjoying my proposed activities. Season 2 of Hannibal was epic! Season 2 of House of Cards is nothing less than stellar! I can't get over the second half of the Walking Dead season! So much amazing stuff happened!!  I'm LOVING playing Castlevania 2! I'm obsessed with playing Thief! I'm getting so much better at being stealth!

Medically, I'm doing okay. I just found out that I'm up 45lbs to my NEW career high of 514.2lbs. But, this is at the tail end of a really stressful period in my life. Stress, my sedentary lifestyle and my natural laziness is a bad combination. But steps are being taken to remedy the situation. I found a gym right near my house and I'm starting my daily workouts there tomorrow or Thursday depending on how long it takes my membership to clear.

More will come in future posts, but that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are starting to look up. I hope your employment status becomes more permanent.

    As for going to the gym ... please, please, PLEASE take it very slow. Don't try to do too much at once. This is the downfall of pretty much everyone I know, including myself once upon a time. There is no rush. I actually suggest doing the bare minimum on your first day, and possibly the next 2 or 3 visits. Then, simply increase your activity/duration in very small increments. That saying "no pain, no gain" is bullshit. Don't believe it!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, David. And given how much you work out, I take your advice about re-starting my workout sessions.

    ReplyDelete