Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thoughts on... Halloween

I always rejoice in the spirit of Halloween. The one time of the year where my interest in magic & the occult becomes socially acceptable. I almost feel like I fit in with everybody. It's nice to hear people talking about ghosts and their own experiences with the supernatural. Seeing friends trying to scare one another, or band together for strength and support as they watch their favorite horror films. Not that they're scared or anything, it's just cooler to watch it with a crowd of people....

It's a good time. This year, I didn't get to celebrate Halloween the way I usually do with my Halloween Horror-thon. But if I did, this would be the list of movies I would have watched. A mix of old classics, and some new favorites.

The Exorcist
Phantasm
Poltergeist II: The Other Side
The Ring
Saw V
and then go to the theater to watch
Saw VI

Alas, this was not meant to be. But in the spirit of reminiscing, what would be YOUR horror movie list?

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally not big on horror movies. They really don't thrill me at all. But I suppose if I had to make a list of movies that I would watch to set a spooky mood, it would consist of the following titles:

    The Exorcist
    The Omen
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    The Howling
    The Thing
    The Shining
    It
    Salem's Lot

    I was going to put Poltergeist on that list, but for some reason that movie annoys me. Never was one of my favorites, although it did scare the daylights out of me when I was really little.

    ReplyDelete