It's common knowledge that the Chinese have a curse that goes something like, "May you live in interesting times." It's a surprisingly effective curse since whenever humanity faces Events Of Interest, massive amounts of trauma come along for the ride. Keeping that in mind, I can honestly 2009 was an interesting year for me.
Major Points of Interest in 2009:
- It was the second year of my triumphant return to the world of software development.
- I reconnected with a bunch of friends from high school that I had lost contact with through FaceBook.
- I discovered a small talent for karaoke
- I transitioned out of employment.
- I crashed my Durango & acquired a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT.
- I finally managed to find and get an apartment of my own.
All in all, an interesting year.
Now in 2010, things are getting off to a bad start, I now lost my truck. So, for the moment, I have no vehicle as well as no job. So, this year is starting with several interesting challenges for me to overcome. Things aren't looking so good, but thanks to Pandora, I have some hope.
- I'm hoping to be gainfully employed again.
- I'm hoping to have a vehicle again.
- I'm hoping that I don't have to lose my apartment.
- I'm hoping that some of the "good things" that I've been paying for with all the bad things in my life start appearing.
- I'm hoping that the bulk of 2010 won't be as interesting as 2009.
Welcome one & and all to 2010: Year of The Geek!!