Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thus begineth the New Year...

So, this is my first post in 2010, Year Of The Geek. I guess it would be a good idea to start off with a summation of last year, and then go into the new year stuff. Sound good? Cool.

It's common knowledge that the Chinese have a curse that goes something like, "May you live in interesting times." It's a surprisingly effective curse since whenever humanity faces Events Of Interest, massive amounts of trauma come along for the ride. Keeping that in mind, I can honestly 2009 was an interesting year for me.

Major Points of Interest in 2009:
  • It was the second year of my triumphant return to the world of software development.

  • I reconnected with a bunch of friends from high school that I had lost contact with through FaceBook.

  • I discovered a small talent for karaoke

  • I transitioned out of employment.

  • I crashed my Durango & acquired a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT.

  • I finally managed to find and get an apartment of my own.

All in all, an interesting year.

Now in 2010, things are getting off to a bad start, I now lost my truck. So, for the moment, I have no vehicle as well as no job. So, this year is starting with several interesting challenges for me to overcome. Things aren't looking so good, but thanks to Pandora, I have some hope.


  • I'm hoping to be gainfully employed again.

  • I'm hoping to have a vehicle again.

  • I'm hoping that I don't have to lose my apartment.

  • I'm hoping that some of the "good things" that I've been paying for with all the bad things in my life start appearing.

  • I'm hoping that the bulk of 2010 won't be as interesting as 2009.



Welcome one & and all to 2010: Year of The Geek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment