Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Flynn's Return Is Almost At Hand....

In about six weeks, the movie I've been waiting the whole year to see, Tron: Legacy, will be out in theaters. I've been staying away from news and stuff about it cause I don't want to spoil the movie for myself, but I am VERY excited to experience this film.

This film is the ONE film I will watch in 3D because this is the only film that actually has a legitimate reason for being in 3D: the story supports it. I just recently discovered that Daft Punk was tapped to do the music for the film, and I can't think of a better choice! I saw their DeRezzed video/movie clip and it was fantastic.

For those of you who don't know, the original Tron film was a landmark in the film industry due to it's massive use of computer animation. These days, anyone can CGI a film, but in the mid 80s to do almost an entire feature in CGI was thought to be impossible.  Check out one of the signature scenes from the first film, the LightCycle race:



By today's standards it's pretty tame, but 20 years ago that was cutting edge! And now, Disney Pictures is returning to the world of Tron and bringing with it all the massive advances in computer technology since the first one. Check out the LightCycle circa 2010:




Just for that jump alone it's worth watching the movie. Now, they have released the final trailer for the movie. And you get to see a little more of the world of Tron. Check it out and then join me on Dec 17th, 2010 in theaters to watch what will be an EPIC of DIGITAL proportions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment