Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Welcome To The Show....

You may or may not know this, but it's that time of year again. The only reason that February is even tolerable to me: The Oscars!!! The last and biggest of the award shows and the one that get the most pomp & circumstance. It's also my favorite awards show. Now, I know that it's highly political and flawed. And usually the movies selected don't really represent what's popular, but given the popularity of the Twilight movies, I can see why the Oscars doesn't go with the popular choices.

But the reason I love the Oscars is because they pay respect to the Movies as a whole. Not just the current films, but the history of the movies as well. The Film Industry has a long and amazing history, and while the Oscars telecast can be a bit antiquated by modern awards standards, that history is worth exploring and re-living. Even if it is for just one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment