Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Anti-Valentine's Day CD 2009
To be completely honest, I'm all for that. I'm a big fan of love. I've even "liked" it on Facebook! I'm also for taking time to forget your troubles and rejoice in the love you share with that special someone. The issues I have with Valentine's Day stem from a different place. See, V Day is supposed to be a celebration of love, and love is not always a positive thing. Like everything else born of humanity, love has a dual nature and that duality is not being celebrated.
For a day that essentially celebrates the beheading of a priest, Valentine's Day seems to have no room for the pains that come part & parcel with the joys of love. The hurt of unrequited love, the rage of betrayed love, the pain of lost love, the ache of rejected love, or the anger of terminated love. This callous disregard for the other side of love is the core of my hatred for this holiday. There are other issues, but that story is for another post.
To start equalizing this season, I started a series of CDs called my Anti-Valentine's Day CD. I'm currently working on the 2011 edition of this CD, but in the meantime here's the track list for the 2009 edition. For those of you suffering the agonies of love, I hope this helps!
Anti-Valentine's CD 2009
01) Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name
02) Paramore - That's What You Get
03) Amerie - Losing U
04) Marc Anthony - Tragedy
05) Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder
06) Milk Inc. Feat Silvy - I Don't Care
07) Mark Morrisson - Return Of The Mack (AC Beats Remix)
08) Alih Jey - It's Ok (English Club Mix)
09) Rockapella - Blah Blah Blah
10) Vanessa Amorosi - My Problem Is You
11) Safri Duo (Feat Clark Anderson) - Rise (Leave Me Alone)
12) Joi Cardwell - It's Over
13) Michael Jackson - Who Is It?
14) Alanis Morrisette - You Oughta Know
15) Maroon 5 - This Love
16) Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
17) Weird Al Yankovic - One More Minute
18) Amber & Zelma Davis - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)