Tuesday, July 27, 2010

City Boy Culture Clash

I was born in the greatest city in the world, New York City. And with certain exceptions (most notably, college in Middlebury, VT) I've lived most of my life in urban areas until recently when I moved here to New Hampshire. Granted I am living in Manchester, which is a city in New Hampshire, but there's still a great deal of rural thinking around here. Here's an example:

I was on my way to work today and as usual had to stop to pay the toll. (I don't have one of them there new fangled EzPass thingamajigs, dag nabit!) As I'm pulling in line for the cash lane of the toll plaza. I happen to get behind a truck that has a trailer with not one but TWO COWS inside!! That's right TWO COWS!

One of them had attitude, too, cause it kept eyeballing me the whole time I was behind the truck. The truck took the next exit after the trucks and the cows left with out even mooing a good bye. Cows today, they just don't have any manners...

2 comments: