Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Top 5... Best Superpowers

As a geek and comic book lover, it's pretty much inevitable that the topic of super powers comes up for some type of consideration. When it comes to super powers, I don't necessarily go for the flashy, world domination type of ability. What I value in the super power market is versatility, not attention. With that in mind, I present you my top five favorite super powers, in order of preference.

5: Invisibility - The versatility here is the near limitless situations where this power can be used effectively. Most of which involve seeing things you shouldn't see or hearing things you shouldn't hear. My preferred version of invisibility is from the Sci-Fi Channel's tv show "The Invisible Man", where clothing can also be made invisible.

4: Telekinesis - A simple power, but with proper application can do a great deal. For example, I could levitate an object I'm standing on (or levitate myself), giving me the ability to fly.

3: Teleportation - Like invisibility, the ability to teleport is versatile because of the wide variety of situations to which it can be applied. Just watch the intro to X-Men 2 and you'll see what I mean.

2: Control machines - This power is versatile because of the increasing number of areas that are under the control of machines. From banking, to telecommunications, to traffic, any and all can be used.

1: Control Magnetism - This the most versatile of powers, since with the proper application of scientific principles, one can replicate a wide variety of abilities such as flight, energy blasts, levitation of other objects, invisibility, etc. Plus with our society getting more and more technologically advanced every day, the effects of this power reach further & further.

3 comments:

  1. You could even mess with people's heads if you could control magnetism. Ever heard of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation? You could cure someone's depression with one well placed and well patterned pulse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that. That is fantastic!! I'm going to look that up and find out more about it.

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete