Monday, August 16, 2010

Simple man, simple pleasures

I am a man that is exceedingly simple. There are no hidden agendas, no ulterior motives, no obfuscating complexities. As a simple man, my pleasures are also very simple. Because it's the little things that give you the most lasting happiness. The look of your loved one in the morning, a hot cup of coffee before work. Finding an empty seat on the subway for your 30 minute ride, these are the things that happiness is built on. And now to the point.

If you wish, dear readers, to check the annals of this blog, you will find that I moved into this apartment near the end of October of last year. In all of the time that I have lived in Manchester, NH, I have used a mattress on the floor as my bed. I'm sure some of you have done this in the past (or are living this torture now) and now how horrendous this can be to your back. And let's not even talking about those days when you wake up and your whole body aches and you seriously contemplate creating anti-gravity just to lever yourself out of bed!!

Now you're probably asking yourself, why Rodney? Why in the name of all that's holy do you not simply go and buy a real bed? Especially if it's causing you such physical pain! And what self respecting woman would have sex with you on a mattress on the floor?? Well dear readers, the answer is simple. I didn't have the money. Beds cost in the ball park of $300 -$900. That's for a mattress, boxspring and frame. No, I'm not kidding. And no, I'm not about to get a used bed. Who knows what kind of bed bugs and other creepy crawlies are in that thing, no matter how "clean" the people seem.

Last week, I ordered my salvation, a bed frame that requires no box spring! And that can hold up to 1200 pounds! And it arrived today! I am so happy! I can finally get a decent night's sleep! I can send back the forklift I have to use to get in and out of bed every day!! (The rental & gas costs were through the ROOF! If you ever rent a forklift, make sure you read the fine print.)

Like I said, folks, I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures. A good bed, a decent night's sleep. Those are the things that make life worth living.

3 comments:

  1. Amen!

    Congrats on the bed. May the sex follow . . . may the sex follow, my friend. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One further note on this, the bed was so comfortable, I actually overslept this morning...

    Drawbacks of a comfy bed... :-)

    ReplyDelete