Thursday, December 16, 2010

Interview With A Director...

In a previous blog post, I talk about my opinion on movie remakes, and how I'm always open to them. One of the reasons why is because I always wonder what the movie would be like if it had been done with modern technology. To be completely honest, a large chunk of my enthusiasm for the movie Tron: Legacy is fueled by the desire to see such a visually distinctive world rendered under the power of current computer technology.


Now, I've tried to stay away from the media hype of the movie in order to not build up my expectations to an impossible-to-meet level. But given the marketing engine that Disney has, some hype has gotten through. One example of this is an interview I came across with the director of Tron: Legacy, Joe Kosinski.

It was an intriguing read, and I find that the ideas he presented in that interview give me a more solid, intellectual basis for wanting to watch the film. Don't get me wrong, there's still a large part of the "fanboy" impetus in my head, but now there's more to it. I'm interested in seeing how a living, digital world would evolve with no connection to the outside world (which would be the Internet, in this case.) I'm interested in seeing how they present the passage of time for a digitized human. And given how cool the original Tron games were, it's definitely going to be interesting to see what new games they came up with for this movie.

This is cool, now it's no longer just over the top fanboy love that makes me want to see Tron: Legacy. There's a legitimate interest in this movie in and of itself, for me. ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment