Tuesday, May 31, 2011

An Old Favorite Returns....

Because of some weird mental issue that I have, I grew up watching all kinds of movies that I shouldn't have had access to as a little kid. One of my favorites is a quirky little vampire flick called Fright Night. It was a great, cheesy vamp film that pulled together the archetypes of the vampire mythology: the young male hero, the crackpot vampire hunter, etc, and wove them into a simple story that has become an unsung classic in my eyes.

Guess what? Fright Night is going to be remade!! No, I'm serious!!! Here, check out the trailer:





It looks pretty cool. Especially, Colin Farrell as the vampire. I've always loved seeing him as the bad guy in movies. It's also cool to see Anton Yelchin again. This guy is going to be a very diverse actor. I can't wait until this one comes out!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, this remake actually looks pretty dang good. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it looks really good. And there's a 2nd trailer that came out with a couple of scenes with a favorite actor of mine, David Tennant (The 10th Doctor Who).

    I'm also loving the mentality of this remake. Definitely the antidote to that Twilight madness...

    ReplyDelete